- Japan allows its citizens to own gold.
- Project Tiger, a tiger conservation project, is launched in the Corbett National Park, India.
- Betsy Cullen wins LPGA Alamo Ladies Golf Classic.
- John and Yoko form a new country with no laws or boundaries, called Nutopia, its national anthem is silence
Sources: brainyhistory.com, wikipedia.org
- April Fool's Day
- Last day of Akitu, the Assyrian New Year celebration
- Veneralia - Ancient Roman festival of Venus Venticordia
Celebrities born today:
- Finnegan, Christian - American comedian
- Fleming, Stephen - New Zealand cricketer
- Francis, Joe - American adult video producer
- Maddow, Rachel - American radio personality and political analyst
- Mahon, Mark - Irish film director, writer and producer
- Marshall, Kris - English Actor
- Moynihan, Christopher - American actor, producer (, imdb.com)
- Olofsson, Anna Carin - Swedish athlete
- Wilson, Kym - Australian actress
Sources: wikipedia.org, imdb.com, celebrity-link.com
- Lejeune, C.A. - Writer, Britain's first regular female film critic