Bee and I initially planned to go to Batanes next week. We looked up tour packages and since my mom's folks live there, I said I might get us free accomodations.
I started calling Auntie Fe on the two cellphone numbers of her that I have in my directory, but the phones just keep ringing. Since she's always shuttling between the USA and Batanes, I have no idea if she actually is in Batanes.
Texted my cousin Pie to ask if she knows how to contact Aunt Fe. She had no idea but she has Joy's cellphone number. Joy is Aunt Fe's daughter who I think still lives in Philadelphia. Texted Joy. Got no response.
Tried Aunt Dolly. Bad news. She and Uncle Lou will be going back to Guam next week and won't return to Batanes till the 29th. That means we can't stay in their house. She did tell me about the good lodges/hotels/inns ... and that's how I learned in a roundabout way that she has booked her sons (my cousins) and their friends in those lodges for December.
The death knell for the Batanes trip came when we realized all trips going there next week were fully booked. Dang!
After lunch, Bee suggested Dumaguete. I haven't been there before but after some surfing realized it has a beach and dolphin watching tours. I okayed the plan.
This morning my cousin Joy responded via text and told me she informed her brother Wesley, who actually lives in their townhouse in Marikina. He later texted me to ask when I plan to go to Batanes so he could text his brother Glen who's actually in Batanes. I told him thanks, but the trip was cancelled coz I couldn't get a flight. I was chuckling when I was texting him coz it was funny that I initially coursed through QC where Pie is, then US , then Marikina, just to get a message across to Batanes. And mind you, I was always asking them what number in Batanes to call.
Anyway, Bee and I were busy texting and chatting yesterday and today to plan the Dumaguete trip. She arranged for our accomodations, I paid for the plane tickets online (I don't like transacting online, but I decided to do so today simply because I wouldn't want to bother going to the ticket office AND waiting in line).
After getting the online confirmation of the ticket payment, I was thinking - this is it, it's final, no backing out, I'm flying to Dumaguete on Wednesday morning. Sure hope the weather forecasts of rain in Dumaguete don't come true.