jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

Tough Luck

Heavy rains caused flash floods yesterday. Flash floods caused heavy traffic.

I thought that by leaving the office at 8:30PM, I would escape the traffic. Tough luck. All roads in and leading to Makati City were clogged ... and that includes Gil Puyat Ave. The shuttle buses were stuck somewhere between Taft Ave. and Roxas Blvd. By 9PM, I gave up waiting for any one of those buses to return to PNB, so like those that have gone before me, I walked from Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. to Taft Ave.

There was a long line at the BBL station when I got there. Fortunately I didn't wait in line long since the buses were just returning from Laguna ... those that were in line before me were the ones who may have waited for an hour or so.

Once settled inside the bus, I texted Jon to ask how he fared ... poor guy had been waiting for an hour in EDSA for a bus. Told him he could've used the time to watch a movie. He replied that the lines at the movie houses were just as long ... since a lot of people chose to stay at the mall than brave the traffic.

He got on the bus and was on his way home while I was still at the bus station... I was at the end of the line when the buses started coming, so by the time the bus I was on started loading passengers, only a few of us were left.

Before the heavy rains came and this whole mess started, the electric company had scheduled a 11PM power outage to do some repairs on some lines at Pacita. I was hoping they'd postpone it since it was raining. Once again ... no luck there. The repair guys were working on a post by the time the bus arrived at Pacita ... illuminated by the only electric light in that area ... powered by their generator. I had no choice but walk home, depending on car headlights and moonlight to light my path. Jon was already there eating when I got home ... surprised that I got in after midnight when I was already on a bus when he was still waiting for a bus. Hmmph... his bus was already moving along the highway while my bus was still stationary at the station.

After joining the others for a candle lit dinner ... because the power came back only around 6AM today, I lit up candles in my room and just sat on the bed staring at them. I may have spent the time playing the piano or my ukelele if I wasn't feeling tired from all the walking I just did. Anyway, I started to find the fire fascinating and grabbed my camera.

To tell the truth, the flame in that clip got much bigger ... when I tried to blow it out, the flames just swayed and almost touched some cloth .... which may have started a nasty fire. Dumped water on it instead ... the fire crackled and the melted candle started boiling the same way hot oil would when mixed with water ... something I found fascinating after assuring myself that I did NOT stupidly burn the house down.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs