jingfrey.tumblr.com

Saturday, July 17, 2004

I, Robot

Advance Screening of I,Robot at SM Megamall 7pm today. Got three tickets which Marketing raffled off earlier this week. Sam said she'd meet me at Dulcinea. Jon and I have finished eating and still there was no Sam in sight. Apparently, Dulcinea was previously located in a different place and Sam thought there was no Dulcinea restaurant in Megamall anymore. She texted us to meet her in Goldilock's instead. We didn't find her there either. It was 6:30 and we saw a line at the cinema so I texted Sam to find us in the line. It was Jon's unfortunate lot to have someone at the back of him asking about "AVP" ... the "Aliens vs. Predator" movie.

Advance Screenings usually being fund raisers, therefore a pseudo-social event, the movie did not start at once. We were subjected to a barrage of commercials from the sponsors, then sit through an "emcee" thanking the sponsors and talking about the foundation, listen to a testimonial from a graduate of the program, then endure another round of the same set of commercial adverts. I sighed in relief when the movie finally started.

Being a "casual fan" of Isaac Asimov, his books made me like robot movies even though some people think they could not connect to the robot character. Therefore I liked A.I. and this one. Sam would have enjoyed it as well if there was little tech talk ... I had to "translate" some terms for her.

Left the mall after 10pm, and since the MRT's last trip's at ten, Sam joined Jon and I on the bus to Alabang where we accompanied her to the stop for Las Pinas-bound jeepneys before boarding a Pacita bound jeepney ourselves.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs