jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, March 24, 2005

The 6-ft shelves

You thought I'd be playing the rest of the Holy week just because I bought Sims2 University? Think again. I spent the day cleaning my bookshelves and finally putting on them my books that have been in boxes for about a year. Last year, termites decided to make a house of my original bookshelf, which was fixed to the wall. I lost about 10 books - most of them paperback. Thankfully, the ones they ruined were not the books I'd really miss and find hard to replace. I also found out they don't like munching thick, glossy paper ... so my expensive books managed to survive the attack ... a couple had small holes where the termites tried to eat them before deciding they don't like the paper.

My new bookshelves are not fixed to the wall, have wheels underneath (so I can move them around if feel like rearranging furniture), and have been treated with Solignum. For good measure, I sprayed the surfaces with insect spray before placing the books. I haven't finished with the work yet, but I've got till Sunday to do so.

Hopefully, those termites won't bother me - and my precious stash of books - again.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs