jingfrey.tumblr.com

Monday, March 07, 2005

Conforme

The lawyer from legal called to tell me the person who "shares" my name (with the exception of a different middle initial and a different vowel in the second name) won't sign the document stating that the legal case does not refer to me but to the other person.

Said other person thinks there is no need for such document, I replied I need said document as the bail bond for other person is being charged in my name.

Said other person gave in because of bail bond excuse but says wants to change some statements before signing under the words "conforme".

Go ahead. The lawyer hadn't given me the draft, so I wouldn't know what other person wants changed, anyway.

If it was a forgettable case (well, if you call a criminal case dismissed by the courts forgettable) , other person won't be that hesitant, right? Lawyer says person cited in 2 dismissed cases. Grrnh! and "other person" thinks there won't be a problem without said document?! Who are you kidding? I'm not a lawyer, true, but I can see probable problems ahead. If I tell this to my father who's a real lawyer, I may end up demanding more documents than they are preparing!!

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs