jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bought a new TV

The living room TV was the same one Sally bought for Jon when we were still in Manila. It finally conked out and ofcourse, I'm to buy the replacement. Dragged Jon to Makati to help me choose one ... and more importantly, help me bring it home.

As we were canvassing, I realized that the trend today is for big, wide screen TVs. I would actually have a hard time finding a small flat screen TV. I decided that a 21" inch TV wouldn't be so bad. I initally planned to buy a 15" one, as the living room wasn't big and while growing up, I was taught that larger TVs put greater strain on the eyes unless you sit 10 feet away.

Although it had less features than a Sony TV and even the cheaper brands, I decided to buy a Sharp TV. I was attracted to the model the minute I saw it ... it's not the form exactly, it just struck me as "heavy duty" or "reliable". Beside it were other Sharp models of the same screen size but I was partial to the one I chose. I hope I am right in thinking this TV would last long. After all, the TV in Papa's bedroom was the Sharp TV I bought for my use when I was still in Manila ... it was the first thing worth around PHP 10k I bought. It's older than Jon's TV that just conked out, and it is still working pretty well.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs