jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, November 17, 2006

Renewing a Passport in the Philippines

When I applied for a passport, I joined the hundreds who line up in front of the Department of Foreign Affairs in the morning.

Someone told me that renewing would be easy if I go in the afternoon when the line has already dwindled.

I was at the DFA after lunch. There are many photo shops on the street going to the building, and people there will actually assault you to have your picture taken with them. They tried the following with me:
  • The application form I downloaded from the net is old, I can get the new one from them for free if I have my passport ID photos taken with them; and
  • The background of my photo is not white enough, ergo I must have it taken again, this time at their establishment.

I actually got into word fight with one of them. If the sole of my shoe hadn't come off, there would be nothing embarassing about stomping away from them.

Once I got into DFA, I found to my relief that my picture is passable and that although I filled up the old form, it was still okay. For the entire process I was on uneven shoes ... the sole of one of my shoes wrapped in my jacket. The moment I got out of DFA, I hailed a taxi to take me to Makati where I bought rubber shoes to change into.

I also bought some books and the Rizal DVD.

Tonight's the ACI Christmas Party the the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. The mall is near it but I wasn't dressed for the party so I didn't go. Told Jon to meet me at Makati. We ate at the Outback Resto.

Learned that Willy, Edith and Williejohn was at Pacita today. They'll return tomorrow.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs