jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Food Tripping: Goya chocolates, Part 2

Goya Bit: Crispy

I'm a big fan of the ORIGINAL Nestle Crunch. But apart from that, I haven't really liked other rice crispies/chocolate candies. Which means I'm biased to not liking Goya Bits: Crispy. It's like biting into chocolate coated air. The chocolate coating and candy coating taste good though, just not the rice crispy part. To repeat: I am biased against rice crispies & chocolate in general, with the exception of the ORIGINAL Nestle Crunch (not a fan of later nestlecrunch variants either).

Goya Bits: Peanut

Chocolate covered peanuts. First I ever had of the kind was M&M. Alternative "Philippine" brands you can find now in stores are Jack and Jill Nips and Goya Bits. I say "Philippine" because Goya Bits are actually made in Indonesia, so it is technically an import. The Goya Bits pieces are smaller than Nips, not because it has less chocolate, but the sugar coating is thinner. Both Nips and Bits are smaller than M&Ms because they use smaller peanuts and have thinner chocolate coating. Not M&Ms, but not disappointing either. Addictive if you like the nuts/chocolate combination in your candy.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs