jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bee and the Walking Derivatives Dictionary

Just found out that my grade school friend Bee has moved to Darwin, Australia middle of this year. Glad for her because she already has a job in a field she likes ... managing restaurants. Sad because I won't have a chance to see her unless I myself go to Australia.

On a side note, while adding a comment on her Friendster site, I realized I was commenting right after Ian ... someone I met while I was with the IAS 39 conversion team. He was plugging the band Zelle in that comment. Come to think of it, I haven't heard of Zelle in mainstream music yet ... but then again, I don't listen to the radio that much.

Decided to add Ian to my contacts. Had a good laugh reading a comment on his site left by his co-worker who called him a walking derivative. I'd rather call him the walking derivatives dictionary... taking apart structured products and measuring market values of embedded derivatives was a pain during the IAS 39 project, but his inputs were a lot of help on settling what methods to use. Read the last entry on his blog too ... and had to chuckle ... it was an ode to the credit derivatives ... which recently have taken a beating because some were backed by defaulting subprime mortgages - which everyone with an inkling on what's happening in the financial market nowadays will know - is causing this year's crisis.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs