jingfrey.tumblr.com

Monday, May 05, 2008

Pasalubongs and Running Late after the Convention

Rey texted me at 7:00am to tell me he's just leaving the house and will be late. He, Dennis and Ted took the evening flight out of Davao City and he got home around 11:30. I was a bit late myself and we ended up exchanging text messages on the road about the ACI convention to pass the time.

Julpha also texted me around 8am to repeat which people would receive the pomelos she sent through Dennis and durian bars she sent through. Good thing she did that since I had mixed up the instructions she gave me in Davao City.

The bus I was riding was still on the Skyway at 8:21 so I texted Shayne that I would get to the office around 9am. Shayne told me that Rey is also late and I told her that I know because he had texted me. Shayne replied in jest that it's unfair for Rey and I to be late on Monday after leaving her alone to trade last Friday. Told her to keep cool since I will be arriving to help her in a few minutes.

Since I came in late, I got to work the moment I arrived at the office, and did not distribute the pasalubongs till lunch break. Julpha had been texting Dennis and learned that he gave all the pomelos to Jong. She texted me around 12 noon to tell me about the predicament. Told her not to worry as Jong will no doubt share the pomelos with the other people in the list she gave me.

Jong himself contacted the other people who should receive pomelos. One of them was not answering his cellphone and Jong learned from someone that he was taking a vacation in Siquijor at the invitation of relatives. Jong related this to me as he was leaving the office at 6:00pm. He jokingly quipped that he hoped the guy hasn't been eaten by aswangs, as horror movie stories usually start with a guy being invited to attend a fiesta in a remote province only to find out later that he is the feast (Siquijor is one of those places associated with aswangs - the Philippine version of vampires). Relayed the joke to Julpha although I'm not sure she found it funny.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs