jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Catching Up with Friends

On the way home, I decided to text hi to some friends I haven't been keeping in touch with lately.

Yvette just had her right hand operated on for carpal tunnel. She would have the same surgery on the left hand once the other one heals. She said she got it from typing too much on the computer as part of her previous job/s. It hasn't stopped her from texting though ... while getting a trim somewhere in Rockwell.

She hasn't had a job since she returned from Australia last March. Well, with the hand surgery, maybe she'll wait a while before finding another job. She admits to spending most of her recovery time being a couch potato. She'll be visiting Banaue next weekend with her folk. I'll probably read about that trip in Facebook. After Banaue, I guess she plans to go the the US next. She is scheduled to be interviewed at the US embassy for her visa in June. We decided to meet for lunch after her inverview at the Mall of Asia.

Rachel's parents are in the country for a vacation and would be staying for 1 week more before returning to the US. The parents spent a week in Capiz but Rach and her family didn't go with them. Rach jokingly said that she's afraid aswangs may take a fancy on Yohan. Capiz is another place where lore says aswangs are supposed to live. Actually, one reason she and her family didn't go with her parents to Capiz is because it would be expensive.

Told Rach to say "Hi" to her parents, that is if they still remember the kid who's always hanging around their house after school hours when we were in grade school/high school. He he he. My mom used to scold me for getting home late and spending too much time in the Roxas household. She would tell me to at least be courteous enough to leave before Rachel's family have dinner. Considering that the first time I tasted Bopis was in their house, that meant I didn't always leave early. Ha ha ha! Bad kid.

Emma answered my first text by asking who I was. She had changed her phone and my number was in the other phone's memory. She jokingly asked me why I'm texting her on a Friday night instead of being on a date. I asked if she was on a date and if I was interrupting it, and she replied that she's too busy these days to be on dates. I wonder if I was interrupting her work. He he he.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs