jingfrey.tumblr.com

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bringing my Dad to the Asian Hospital

The moment Willy learned that Papa had been bed-ridden for a month, he wanted us to check him into a hospital. Edith's nephew Edwin knows a doctor at the Asian Hospital. He arranged for Papa to have a check up at the said hospital. Willy and Edith sent some money to Edwin for the check-up.

Before this was arranged, Jon was planning to bring our father to Makati Med which has the equipment he wanted at a lower price compared to St. Luke's. Papa wanted to be in St. Luke's because that's where my uncle is... although at his age, he probably doesn't practice anymore and is most likely busy being a mentor and doing other stuff related to being that hospital's Assistant Medical Director for Professional Services (one of those would be talking and making amends with patients that have complaints against the hospital or its doctors - so that they don't have to go to court). His son, my cousin Gus, who's also a doctor in that hospital, wouldn't be much help to my dad either because he is an opthalmologist.

I had thought we would bring my dad to Asian Hospital on May 1, but after Jon called Edwin, we learned that the check-up was scheduled for May 2.

On the trip back to Marco Polo hotel from Eden Nature Park, I texted Jon to ask about the check-up. I expected that my dad would stay in the hospital overnight, but Jon told me that they brought him home yesterday too. Jon told me that he brought Papa to another laboratory first for a "work-up" before bringing him to Asian Hospital.

The cardiologist Edwin referred, whose age is within 40-50 and therefore should have more experience than Jon, had the same assessment and opinion of management of Papa as Jon had...even to the massaging of Papa's legs ... which Edith said might be dangerous as she has seen some old people bursting a vein this way (she is a nurse). Jon had Papa's knee x-rayed beforehand in a Las Pinas lab as he suspects that the pain Papa is feeling is mostly caused by arthritis.

I felt better knowing that my father didn't have a more serious condition.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs