jingfrey.tumblr.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sibling Stuff

My brother in Texas sent an e-mail last week to kick start a discussion (again) on what to do with the Makati and Manila apartments. In one of my replies, I mentioned that our dad has been sick for almost a month.

That ofcourse resulted in my older brother calling from California last night and arranging for dad's check up at Asian Hospital. His wife was concerned that massaging dad's affected leg was the wrong thing to do... pointing out that as Chief nurse in a hospital she has seen cases where it worsened things. I decided to not point out that our younger brother probably knows what he was advising mom to do since he is a doctor.

Then Sal called this morning to, of all things, demand that I give her regular e-mail updates and scold me for putting internet links in my e-mails instead of just typing the update or attaching the pictures. It escapes her that if I put everything in an e-mail, it would probably be a very long letter since I update my blogs an average of twice a month ... AND Yahoo has a limit on attachments so if I have to attach all the pictures, that would mean many e-mails.

I really wanted to hang up on her and slam the phone because (1) she calls me up in the office first hour in the morning to scold me - which would definitely ruin the rest of the day which by the way has only started; (2) she expects me to be able to answer medical questions about our father which would be better answered by our brother the doctor; (3) she insists on having sent an e-mail I haven't received; (4) she wants me to always update her when she herself is slack on updating anyone about what's going on in her life; (5) she brushes aside what I thought would be good news that her and her mom's diploma survived the fire and insists asking if her photos are safe - the one question I couldn't answer since we didn't see any photo albums in the ruin and I haven't really checked on the photo albums I brought with me to Laguna from Manila years ago; and (6) she insinuated my mom, younger brother and I weren't doing enough since we haven't brought dad to the hospital yet... and she was still emotional about that even after I told her that our brother would know when hospitalization is required since he is a doctor.

Since I know she was just being her emotional self, I refrained from hanging up.

I was still in a bad mood till dinner. Thanks to her.

Now, wouldn't it be funny if Sal saw this ranting post on my blog when she says she hates clicking the links I gave her?

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs