jingfrey.tumblr.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Calling Tree

Left the office at 9pm ... which had Bee calling me employee of the month... she didn't know I timed in at 10am. He he he!

I was therefore still on the way home, exchanging text messages with Sam and Bee, when the calling tree was activated for an exercise. Our team leader was lucky ... if I had been at home, I wouldn't see the message till tomorrow morning. Texted back that I got the message. Texted Rey, Ted and Joey to ask if their calling trees have been activated as well. No reply.

A few minutes later, another message from my team leader came, this time with the so-called disaster message that the office building "is on fire", and therefore proceed to the back up site. Replied with "Roger", then after a few seconds, wondered if I should forward the message instead of just replying it. Texted Jeng, Rey and Lanie to ask. Jeng replied that I just acknowledge the message. Told her I did ... also told her I was tempted to text back to the team leader: "Got the message... now proceeding home". He he he! Rey and Lanie think I should forward.

Hmmm....2 vs 1. I forwarded the message to the rest of the team since I don't remember if the calling tree has an order. Ha ha ha! A handful of them texted back, one asked where the backup site was, others told me that they already got the message. Rey and Lanie's fault. I cleared with the team leader if the old backup site is still the same place and got confirmation. Told the newbie the location. As for the others, I texted back as a joke that it's good that they got the message and are heading to the backup site ... ergo, I could head home instead. He he he.

Texted Ted and Joey that "the building is on fire" ... so what the heck are they still doing there? This time, I got a reply from Joey responding to my joke. Still no reply from Ted. Wonder if he brought the other phone today? The guy has 2 cellphones that one's always guessing which phone number he's using at a any day. I think the only person who always knows what number he's using is his girlfriend. He should get a phone with dual active sim.

Last month, it was earthquake drill ... I even dared people in the office to actually "drop, cover and hold" ... no one did... we wondered if the only people who actually practiced that were the folks in USAID - they were the ones who wore helmets and vests during the fire drill. This month it's the calling tree.

One wonders if it's coincidence or if some people are taking precautions that the July 18 earthquake may actually happen.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs