jingfrey.tumblr.com

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Movies with Bee

Bee asked if I wanted to watch "Get Smart" and "Hancock" and I said yes. Since she lives in Bulacan and I live in Laguna, we initially planned to meet halfway - at the Shangri-La Mall in Ortigas. However, since I haven't been to Trinoma, and Jon (who was coming with us) said that we'd still be riding the MRT whether it's Trinoma or Shangri-La, I suggested to Bee that we meet in Trinoma.

Jon and I left the house in the morning, passed by Jollibee to buy breakfast for "take-out", which we ate in the bus we took for Makati. We got off at Mantrade and took the MRT. Arrived at Trinoma right before 12:00 noon. Bee wasn't there yet.

Apparently, her dad was playing "tong-its" (the Filipino card game similar to gin rummy and/or poker) with the family driver and won't let him leave till the game's over. Bee eventually decided to drive the car herself instead of waiting for the driver.

While waiting for Bee, Jon and I had some time to wander around the mall. It's like a terrace upon a terrace with all the greens and walkways, and it kinda reminds me of The Peak in Hong Kong. The areas we were able to roam had high end shops. Outside the cinema area is a terrace, with walkways leading to nice restaurants. Jon and I checked the movie schedule and saw that there was no "Get Smart" movie in the line-up. Texted this to Bee who replied that the newspapers said the movie is "Now showing" at the Trinoma.

With Bee still on the expressway, Jon and I decided to wait for her while eating lunch. Bee requested that we pick a restaurant near the cinemas, so we picked one of the fastfoods near the ticket counters - Bigoli. It serves pizza, pasta and salads - much like Sbarro's or Chef D'Angelo.

Ordered a big 4-flavored pizza and drinks. Jon and I were just starting with the pizza when Bee finally came in. Since I already bought pizza, she bought the salad. We left Bigoli about an hour after Bee came in to join us for lunch.

We thought there was enough time to buy the tickets. We were surprised to find a long line at the booth. It looks like the crowd gets bigger after lunch at Trinoma, and the noise from all that people could give one a headache (if one hates crowds like I do).

Anyway, we still got in line, and by the time we reached the ticket counter, the 2:20PM Hancock movie we planned to see had already started. We bought the tickets anyway. Bee paid for them, actually, and told me to just buy her snacks later. Bee asked the ticket lady if "Get Smart" was being shown. The lady said that the "Kung Fu Panda" movie will be replaced by Get Smart at 5pm. Bee bought the tickets for that movie as well so that we don't have to line up again.

I think we missed about 10 minutes of the movie, but not much of the story. I enjoyed it ... my favorite part is when the characters played by Will Smith and Charlize Theron were hitting each other like kids in the kitchen. Cute. Not one of Will Smith's memorable movies, but it's not bad either.

With nearly an hour left before the next movie, we passed by Powerbooks. Bee persuaded me to buy Matthew Reilly's latest book, "The 6 Sacred Stones". She bought another of Reilly's books as well.

Before going into the cinema, we bought ice cream at Cold Rock, then drinks and popcorn at Taters. At the middle of the movie, I began to feel sick and actually went to the restroom twice. If one were to keep count of the food I had been eating so far, I guess it wouldn't be surprising that my digestive system got overwhelmed. Either I ate the wrong combination of food, or I couldn't eat as much as I used to.

When the movie ended and we parted ways, Jon and I took the MRT back to Makati. We passed by Mercury Drug where Jon bought Papa's medicines and some loperamide for me. I felt much better after taking two capsules. Since we pretty much ate the same food, he wondered if I got sick because of the ice cream flavor I chose ... Tia Maria is ice cream with some Kahlua mixed in. Hmmm ... a combination of too much dairy and alcohol? How come I didn't have the same reaction when ate ice cream with whiskey at Gaudi's? Whatever.

Anyway... despite missing some minutes of BOTH movies, and my digestive system rebelling on me at the last minute, it was a fun day.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs