jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Random Stuff

Unless I'm mistaken, the following is the commercial shot in our office building early this year.

Heh. Who knew the Hall looked like an "airport"?

This clip is from the collection of "maytaodito" at Veoh.com. His channel is: http://www.veoh.com/channels/philtvads

Veoh.com is not that easily accessible these days to all PLDT DSL subscribers. You have to change DNS settings to even access the site correctly (especially the javascript). Hence, the need to upload this clip to YouTube.

~~*~~*~~

Was reading about an English school in wikipedia when I thought of looking up what is written there about my school: St. Scholastica's College, Manila.

Boring write-up... it's what you'll see on the school site. The only interesting part are the notable people who studied in St. Scho. Former Pres. C. Aquino tops the list, as usual. A good number of the other people on that list are activists, news reporters, and rockers. Puro siga. Ha ha ha!

On the flip side of the coin, you'd find artists, classical musicians, socialites, models, actresses, beauty queens and other celebrities on the list. I think adding models to the list is a crazy undertaking. Every batch has at least one print/ramp/commercial model, so whoever wrote that article is bound to miss a lot of people... starting with a couple of my high school batchmates who started out as commercial models then ended up in the first Star Circle of ABS-CBN.

Hmmm.... two members of the notorious Gucci gang are included. One of them's quite near my age that I probably bumped into her in grade school (she studied until 4th grade only, then went abroad).

~~*~~*~~

My sis in the US texted me about a month ago that my bro's divorce had been finalized. It wasn't surprising news. Asked her for details. Got no answer. We probably have the same habit of not checking our incoming text messages routinely.

My sis in Australia called yesterday to greet my dad. We talked a bit and when the subject of my bro came up, she said she thinks the third party is currently living in with my bro. .. because the e-mails my bro had been sending lately are written in good english. That's lovely deductive reasoning! Got me laughing hard for a bit there.

My sis intends to get the full story by calling our ex-sis in law. Well, we still think of her as part of the family despite the divorce.

My sis is still pestering me about that visit to Australia. Told her I'd probably go if she has already relocated to Brisbane. Actually, I'm just too lazy to answer the BOOKLET one has to submit to the Australian embassy ... all that fuss without being sure that you made good use of your time (basically the same reason I keep putting off trying to get a tourist visa to the US too). Partly it's because they pester me that I don't do it. I guess there's something to what astrologers say of the Aries being stubborn... and generally not receptive to nagging. Think Newton. More specifically his Third Law of Motion: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

~~*~~*~~

I was playing MetroStation's "Shake It" repeatedly earlier this day... the beat keeps out the rainy day blues (it is another ruined laundry day). For some strange reason, it is Chris Brown's "Forever" that is now stuck in my head...especially the first few seconds of techno intro.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs