jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today's Randomness

Watched Kung Fu Panda with Bee and Jon last night. Since the movie started at 9:30pm, I arrived at the house at 00:12 this morning.

Learned that Ces Drilon and the two other captives were released by their Sulu abductors today. Loren Legarda is currently in the limelight for helping negotiate for the unconditional release of the three. The official statement is that no ransom has been paid. Yet the Radio Mindanao website has a news flash where Indanan Mayor Isnaji stated that the abductors told him that money from Manila is on its way (note on 23-June-2008: this article could not be found in the website's archive and although it has disappeared, traces of it could be found in Google's cache ... PNP now claims that at least PHP5MM ransom had been paid and part of it pocketed by Isnaji himself).

Celtics won this year's NBA championship. Technically they won it June 17th, US Time, but it's already June 18th if you're in Manila.

Had a meeting today where I turned over all projects I was doing for Boss Mon to Tina. She agreed to do the job full time. I haven't received a memo yet, but I'm guessing my temporary detail as his Technical Assistant is now finished. Will be trading thirds again, I expect.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs