jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, August 31, 2003

Today's dose of Randomness

Very happy to find Karen and Cely's e-mails in my inbox. I've uploaded the pictures they sent in and put the links in the jingsbb blog.

Sam called last night. She just got off the phone with Ogie and was so annoyed she needed to talk to another person to let off steam. She and Ogie are partners in the wedding-coordinating business: To Be Wed. What Sam was ranting about? A client feedback that suggested Sam smile during weddings. Was chuckling quietly while she blabbed on. Honestly, one would think she's the one pregnant and not Ogie. Conversation ended when her mom texted her via celphone and suggested she watch Tulfo's show on Channel 9. It was some sort of expose on Senator Lacson. I think she's more into following political news than I am.

Speaking of Ogie, she's going to give birth last week of November. She's thankful it won't be first week of November. She doesn't think she can handle a child with Sam's temper. Sam's birthday is November 8. I learned this from Sam herself. She's the first one to admit she's a grouchy person.

New set of iron grilles being installed at the carport. The separation will allow the two dogs (Heidi and Becky) to run around free in front without fighting. The two dogs are to be in front of the house so the cats can be in peace at the back. We've got so many cages and grilles to separate the pets that I'm for naming this place "The Fortress". Jon thinks more along the lines of prison. It's more likely the zoo but fortress sounds better.

The planet Mars was supposed to be at its nearest point to Earth in 5000 years last Wednesday or nearabouts. The sky was clear Wednesday but got cloudy the night after. Jon has a telescope. Maybe he stepped out to see the planet. Jasper sent me e-mail with an image of "Mars upclose" attached to it. Was torn between laughing out loud and wanting to wring his neck yet again. It was a picture of a Mars chocolate bar.

He keeps sending those kind of mail where I think it's about another and open it to find out it's about something else. When others forward jokes, I usually could guess what it's about before opening the file. Jasper's aren't predictable. Hopefully, when he does announce his marriage (yikes, realized just now I can't remember his girlfriend's name), it won't be in the form of a joke.

At least Jasper promised to tell us. Allan didn't - he was just absent from class a week and I took a wild guess as to "Why?". He sheepishly admitted I was right - he got married and was on honeymoon in Bohol. Really, you'd think we'd be offended if we don't get invitations. We can understand not being invited - we're just classmates in MBA. Albeit the five of us formed a strong bond because of those late nights solving Financial Accounting assignments.

We bonded during our first term - second half of year 2001. We grouped together because we all lived south (Paranaque, Laguna, Batangas). We'd meet Tuesdays in either Festival Mall or Alabang Town Center and occupy a table in the food court until the mall closes. If we weren't done yet, we'd move to Starbucks or the billiard hall/bowling alley/restaurant-place-whose-name-I-can't-remember-right-now. Both had tables and close much later. If we haven't solved all problems, we met again Thursday. We called ourselves the 1 o'clock breakthrough group. That's because when we were stumped, it's either I figure out the solution at 1 a.m. (yes morning!) or someone else gets the solution at 1:00 p.m. Saturday right before the accounting class starts at 1:30. After that term, we'd still hang around together if we see each other in the canteen. If one or two of us are taking the same subjects, we'd take the same class.

Miss the group. We're kinda separated now. Jasper takes classes in the Greenhills Campus because he's moved back north to his mother's place after it was robbed. Rachel is on leave because she just gave birth. She was on leave her whole pregnancy because the doctor prescribed bed rest. Claire often enrolls in classes at the RCBC campus. Allan is usually in the Taft campus. I was on leave last term. Still on leave this term.

I took a leave because I got transferred to Peso GS trading April and I cannot deal with studying MBA and learning the ropes of GS trading at the same time. I barely passed the subject I was taking when the transfer happened. Plus, I failed to turn in at least three research papers. That means I have to repeat that if I enrolled. Next term starts September. Online enrollment ended last week. Don't like the prospect of doing research papers just yet so I enrolled for residency. Means I don't have subjects but I can enter campus without the scanner emitting a warning signal when I flash my ID before it. I think I can also borrow from the library. And, I can get free issues of Far East Economic Review and Asian Wall Street Journal from the Graduate School office. As if I'd enter campus :-) I think the only time I'll ever enter campus this term is to pay the residency fee.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs