jingfrey.tumblr.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Edith's surprise visit

As I spent another day of this 5-day leave in front of this computer, I thought I heard Edith's voice while tapping on the keyboard. I brushed the thought away and guessed it was a woman who sounded like her. When Jon knocked on the door to get my attention, I was surprised to find it was her indeed. She just arrived from the airport and came her on emergency. Later, Jon and I found out that she came home because her brother Marlon is dead. We were more shocked to find out he died from 9 stab wounds. Someone killed him in his house around Tuesday last week, but he wasn't discovered until Thursday. His neighbor noticed that the lights in his house were open for days, but he wasn't seen leaving the place. The neighbor called the police who were the ones who discovered his dead, bloated body. Edith thinks that Marlon knew his killer and that the probable motive was money.

I asked about his wife Keiko and their kids. Edith said they advised Keiko not to come to the Philippines but rather stay in Japan. They think it's not safe for them to come here. Edith also said the reason she came here alone was that she and Willy thought it wasn't safe to bring THEIR kids home. I can't figure out whether she meant it wasn't safe because there's a murderer out there who may pick on Marlon's relatives as next targets, or whether it wasn't safe to be in the Philippines in general. Truth be told, I will take offense if she meant the latter.

Edith said Marlon's burial is tomorrow. She asked us not to tell Papa about Marlon's death. She expects to be back in California this Saturday.

Edith also said that Aunt Mely and Uncle Ed Custodio are still in California. Uncle Ed had another check-up. The doctors discovered he just suffered multiple stroke and he wasn't even aware of it.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs