jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Marlon's Funeral

October 22, Wednesday - Jon and I told Papa that we were going to watch a movie and buy a ceiling fan for the kitchen as well as wall fans for Jon's room and the master bedroom. Couldn't tell him we're leaving to go to the wake of Marlon Mayonte.

Jon and I got to the Holy Trinity funeral home in Paranaque around 1:00p.m. Found out that Marlon was thought to have died October 15 and his body was found October 18. The little mix up with dates maybe due to the fact that California is a few hours behind Manila time-wise.

Edith wasn't there and since we didn't really know anybody, we left the mass card, stayed around awhile and then took a lunch break at nearby Burger King. We returned before 2:00 p.m. to find Edith had arrived and that a group of people are gathered in the room praying the rosary. We joined in the prayer, which was almost finished.

The priest arrived shortly and mass started a little past 2:00. He finished at 3:00p.m. I had thought that they would start transferring the casket to the vehicle that will bring it to Manila Memorial Park, after all internment is supposed to be at 4:00 p.m. However, Marlon's friends from his charismatic group held their own prayer meeting which I think would delay the internment for an hour. Jon and I didn't attend the funeral itself because we didn't know what time the gathering would finish. Edith took some pictures of us before we left.

Jon and I went to Festival Mall in Alabang afterwards to look at some fans which Papa would expect us to be bringing home. We couldn't find anything we wanted. We went to SM South Mall Las Pinas afterwards but the choices were also limited. Unable to find any fan worth buying, I would not waste the trip to South Mall. We would watch a movie. Since it was 6:00 p.m. and the movie would start at 7:05, we ate dinner first at Yellow Cab.

I wished we were in Alabang Town Center where there are more restaurants. I wanted to eat in Saisaki. I would even prefer Friday's to Yellow Cab since Friday's has big salads in their menu. I kept wishing I had salad to munch on everytime I bit into the pizza - all pizzas are salty in my opinion (cheese and pepperoni are salty ingredients to start with).

I think I bored Jon harping about restaurants. At one point I promised Jon I'd treat him to Illustrado restaurant in Intramuros when he gets his medical license. I have eaten there just once and I want to go back - the food, which is Spanish-influene, is just immaculate. I also want another scoop of Sampaguita ice cream which I think one can only buy in Illustrado. Eating there's going to be expensive, but it's not everyday one gets his medical license, right?

A few minutes after 7:00 p.m. Jon and I stepped into Cinema 9 to watch "American Pie the Wedding". We enjoyed it so much that we repeated the movie. We left the movie house at 11:00 p.m. and got home past midnight.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs