jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Goodbye Hazel

After giving birth this summer, Hazel started getting thin. When my brother decided to start giving her special food and medicines, it was too late. She died this afternoon.

She was just a kitten when she wandered on to our backyard roof last year. When my mom first noticed her, she couldn't be made to come down despite the rain ... so my mom had to put a basket upside down on the roof edge where she could take shelter. I was the one who coaxed her to go down the wooden ladder and snuggle into my arms. Bacchi had been missing for months and probably dead. She immediately took the place of Bacchi in my heart. She also looked like Bacchi when he was a kitten. It wouldn't be reaching to assume Bacchi had fathered her through some neighborhood female feline.

These are pictures of her taken last December 9, 2006:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Other Stuff:

It's mom's birthday tomorrow and I thought of buying her a cake now so the folks could open it early tomorrow instead of waiting for me in the evening. Stopped by Goldilocks but the remaining cake I wanted didn't look good. Thought of going to Makati Shangri-la and actually attending the Prebon Christmas party, but since I was near the bus stop, I felt like going home early. Besides, news of Hazel's death hasn't exactly left me in a partying mood.

-----Dec. 25 edit... I'm clearing my cellphone messages-----

Rey is on leave this week but he sure isn't gonna miss the Prebon party. Actually, I told him I was going, so he decided to go as well. He was very early but didn't want to be the first one in so he hung around the hotel. Later, he realized he should have registered the moment he arrived because there was an early bird prize. Then he texted me there were a lot of pretty Prebon girls surrounding him... though I have no idea why he's telling me that. He was already at the party and I was on the bus home when I texted him that I wasn't going after all. He called me madaya. He he he!

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs