jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, December 02, 2007

SM Supercenter Muntinlupa

When I found out that they were building an SM Mall in Muntinlupa, I was dismayed rather than excited. Mall means more traffic, and the last thing I want is my travel time to and from Metro Manila lengthened because it's already an hour longer than it used to be (in the 80s, it took 45 minutes to get from Manila to Pacita...now it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours!).

Well, I haven't really cursed the place yet for traffic because it's still closed when I go to work, and the bus I take going home doesn't pass by Muntinlupa anymore (I take the Southwoods exit bus). I have no idea if traffic is heavy near the mall area on a work day.

This afternoon, my brother and I decided to check the place out.

It's one small place. Half the shops have not opened yet and most of the shops that were open were selling computers or cellphones. The areas run by SM itself are open ofcourse: The supermarket sells grocery items, appliances, home items and clothes ... in bigger SM malls, the supermarket usually just sells food and home products, with the clothes and other stuff to be found in a separate department store area. The place has four cinemas... two showing foreign films and two showing locally produced films.

After we've gone around the place, Jon and I bought groceries. Just found out I still couldn't use my credit card. Good thing I brought more than the usual cash that I carry around in my wallet.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs