jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, December 14, 2007

PNB Treasury Sector Christmas Party

The Dealing Room had its own Christmas party today, a day after the bank party. Since we wore the neon shirts yesterday, there was an announcement yesterday that we wear either green or red this day.

The videoke we rented arrived before lunch, and Menchie, Shayne and I spent lunch break singing... Menchie figured we may not have a chance to sing in the afternoon.

As in Christmasses past, Ms. Laguardia of MTRCB dropped by to visit old friends and participate in some event. No filmfest movie passes raffled this year. He he he. She did speak about her PNB years to the start the program:


The new traders organized this year's games:


I got called to participate in 2 of them. The first one was guessing what word is printed on the paper taped on my forehead by asking questions from my game partner who can only answer "yes" or "no". No chance of guessing the word was Marty's name because Vikki said "no" when I asked if it is related to TMG. Ted was coaching everyone, which is why Gene had to go through the guessing exercise twice. I jokingly ordered Jim to drag Ted out of the dealing room for disrupting the game. Although I did not guess my word, my team won... so I still walked away with a Snoopy cellphone stand. The second game I was called to participate in required us to soften an eggplant without leaving the circle or crushing the vegetable that it peels or its insides spill out. I won and got PHP500 out of the game. I had the luck of being given an eggplant that's already a bit soft. I did point it out before the timer started ... but they didn't change the one I got.

The last game before Kris Kringle revelation started was a derivative of trip to Jerusalem or Musical Chairs:


Kris Kringle revelation:
My "mom" turned out to be Dottie. My initial guess was Vincent when he was the one showing me how to drink the jello I got for "soft and round". But when I learned the one who picked my name was a "mommy", I had two guesses: Dottie or Adie ... simply because they were always curious about what I got. I wasn't far off.

My "baby" Milette already knew I was her "mom" as early as Wednesday because I admitted it. The funny thing was, she had a hard time believing I was her mom simply because I said I was. Ha ha ha! I was at the lobby of RCBC last Wednesday when she called me on the cellphone - just to ask for the last time if I was seriously her Kris Kringle "mom". She was at the time at the World Trade Christmas bazaar buying her "revelation gift".

Kai handed me Milette's gift, which turned out to be a bag, since Milette is already in Zamboanga today ... her real mother's funeral is tomorrow (her mother died of old age early this week).

Dottie gave me a cup and saucer set.

I gave both Dottie and Milette chocolates ... the boxed ones with different fillings in each piece. I know Milette loves chocolates, and it was nice knowing Dottie loves chocolates too. Also gave milette a purple pencil shaped like Mickey's head ... something I bought from Disneyland and knew she would like because (1) it was cute and (2) it was in her favorite color: purple. I almost gave that to her for "long and hard", but I realized the Disney brand will point me out as her "mom" because everyone knows Disneyland was my first stop in Hong Kong.

Was out of the office 10 minutes before 10PM today...when the Videoke singing was in full swing. No one could force me to stay and sing since I already sang during lunch break. He he he! I wanted to leave before 10PM because yesterday I left at 10:25PM and there were no anymore buses at the terminal when I got there. I had to ride a van that charged PHP20 more than the usual fare.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs