jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bringing my Dad to the Hospital

Papa had fever and chills last Sunday.  When he still had fever Monday afternoon, I told mom that maybe we should bring him to a hospital.  I was thinking the nearest one, which was San Pedro Doctors Hospital.  However, when my dad heard that he will be brought to the hospital, he began to insist to be brought to St. Luke's Medical Center... which by the way is in Quezon City, a place north of Manila while we live south of Manila.


Ofcourse I know he wants to be brought there because my Uncle Totoy is a doctor in that hospital (given his age, he's probably more busy being its Assistant Medical Director for Professional Services and incumbent Chair of its Institutional Ethics Review Board, or IERB, instead of attending to patients everyday).  My first problem was finding an ambulance to take him there at a late hour.  My mom waited for me or Jon to arrive from work instead of making calls and packing stuff to be brought to the hospital. We left the huose after 11PM and got to St. Luke's before 12:30AM ... the trip was fast because traffic was VERY light.


Although Jon called Uncle Totoy before leaving the house, we still had to follow procedure and check Papa in through the emergency room.  It was 1:30AM yesterday when we finally checked Papa into a room.  Needless to say, I took a leave yesterday and today.  I this morning updating my brothers and sisters abroad through mail, then I'll spend the afternoon inquiring about PhilHealth benefits, paying bills and ofcourse, withdrawing money.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs