jingfrey.tumblr.com

Monday, September 24, 2007

Being incredulous

Ted mentioned reading something about HSBC closing its subprime mortgage businesses. Which wasn't surprising to me because as early as January this year, HSBC was one of the first banks to admit that a company it bought dealing with sub-prime mortgages has been losing due to the increasing number or defaults ... I actually pointed that one out to our former boss, Colin, and I suspected then that the defaults will affect everyone in the subprime business. What was weird was dreaming about that brief discussion with Colin last night... without hearing or reading anything of what Ted told me this morning.
---------
A funny request came in Friendster today ... someone claiming to be the boxer Manny Pacquiao wants me to add him as his friend. Looked up his site : everything Manny Pacquiao from pictures to background music. Chose "no".
---------
Sat beside a nice old lady in the bus going home tonight. I say nice because she told me to take the seat beside her. The bus usually puts the TV on GMA7 because it has good reception even if you're on the road. She asked the conductor to switch it to ABS-CBN2. Luckily for her, the reception was clear. The show was "Deal or No Deal" with actor Piolo Pascual as the guest contestant. I thought the lady just likes the show ... then during one segment she pointed at the screen and told me that's her "pamangkin" ... which could either mean nephew or niece and I don't know if she's talking about Piolo or the girl helping him choose the briefcase. Okay...

Anyway, I gave her a nod and a smile, then chose to get some sleep rather than get sucked up into a conversation with her.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs