jingfrey.tumblr.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Panic Time?

Was looking at my desk calendar and realized I only have 3 weekends to prepare for the Singapore trip. Tentative departure date is October 17 and as promised, Natixis will shoulder accomodations.

The agenda they prepared for me includes:

FX Trading Profit & Loss Management
FX Trading Position Management
FX Orders and Customer Management
FX Options Pricing and Trading Practices

Training Date :

18th and 19th October 2007

I spend the 20th hanging around PNB Singapore branch which is open on weekends, and go back to Manila on the 21st.

Kept hearing "chocolates" and "tapa" today from Boss Dan and Ted. Cristy's excited planning for my stay there.

And I haven't even started preparing ... from checking the documents I need to bring (not sure if just bringing a passport is enough), deciding if I want to be able to use my cellphone in Singapore, and confirming if I could use my credit card there, too... otherwise I have to buy SGD or USD (because the dealing room folks expect me to bring something/anything back ... it's freakin' tradition, what can I say?). This isn't like going to Boracay where I can just dump beach wear in a bag and rush to the airport with only 20 minutes to spare before boarding time (yup, I've done that). Crap ... where is that suitcase?

Just realized another thing: unless my bro is reading my blog, none of the folks at home know about this trip. He he he! Hey, I don't have the plane tickets in my hand yet ... Budget Division still has to approve this thingamajig.

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

What a nice opportunity. Hope the Singapore trip will push through. The agenda looks serious but glad you have one whole day to go around Singapore. Have fun!

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs