jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rainy Day Rant

I should have taken the hint last Monday when it was raining in the morning and I clocked in at the office around 9:30AM. Cars on the road sprout like mushrooms when it rains ... I don't really know why. Maybe a lot of people feel like taking their own cars than commute when it's raining.

It was raining again this morning and I got in around 9:15AM. The worst part actually was going back home. I left the office around 5:35PM and got home a little after 8:30!

Considering that I often end up sleeping in front of this computer I'm using than on my bed, and usually just have around 4-5 hours of sleep on a weekday (would you call me an insomniac if the earliest I feel sleepy is at 1AM, or if I ever do sleep before 10PM, I'am usually awake at 3AM?), you could say I should be thankful I had all those hours to sleep in the bus? Well, as it turned out - on both trips, I've had more than the sleep I need and was still far from my destination by the time I was fully awake.

So, here I am now, fully awake after 3 hours of travel time going home mostly spent sleeping, currently surfing the net. My dad is also awake with the radio on at full blast listening to his favorite "Dr.Love" dishing out advice to clueless people in relationships. Tolerable to listen to, really, although the Chistmas songs being played in between callers are driving me nuts. It is only September, after all!

That's one reason I decided to make this room the computer room. This used to be my bedroom, but when the extension room was made I decided to move in there even if it is only half the size of this room. My bedroom now has my bathroom and this room to buffer me against my dad's loud radio.

Come to think of it ... I think I inherited my dad's sleeping habits. He sleeps at midnight (12:00) and wakes up at 3AM.

Side note: The USD/PHP hit the 45.57 level today. After going as high as 47.10 last week. Too bad Buddy's in Hong Kong wracking his brains studying something related to bonds. We've got a running joke here ... there was a time he asked me for the buying rate and I quoted 48.60. He did not say "done", only that he will call again. When that day ended, the rate had nosedived to around 20 to 30 centavos (can't remember). He still wanted the "60" level but I didn't give it to him. He said he'll wait for the "60" level again. So after that, whenever the small fig is around 60, we at the desk would call him just to bug him and get a quick laugh. Ofcourse that meant he'll get a prank call from us when the rate hits 47.60, 46.60, 45.60 ... get the idea? Boss Dan actually wanted me to text him that the rate is 45.60 ... but I don't know if he activated his phone to work in Hong Kong.

------Sam's Rainy Day--------

Looks like I'm not the only one whose day was negatively affected by the weather. Sam texted this to me:
grabe! Kmi jst came fr leisure farm lemery batangas as our skul field trip. Bnagyo kmi dun. Mga 6am ang col tym den uwi l8 n trapik kc
Sent:
19-Sept-2007
20:33:28
This is Sam's blog entry regarding their field trip: http://xcentrikfads.blogspot.com/2007/09/liesure-farm-lemery-batangas.html

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs