jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, September 21, 2007

Going to Singapore?

Natixis Singapore agreed to host one trader from PNB to spend two days in their office and see how they run their dealing room. Ted, Rey and I were the candidates to go there. The piece of paper with my name on it was drawn earlier by Boss Mon, which means I get to visit the Natixis dealing room in Singapore... IF budget approves the expenses.

Now, it's time to list down what I should get out of this trip other than being toured around by Cristy and shopping. Ha ha ha! To be honest, I wasn't that interested when the idea was first broached. I've been away from the thirds desk for a year, so I haven't really been dealing with Yannick or Carol. I expected that they'd give the slot to the third desk dealers.

Was a bit worried too when I remembered that Sam's play will also be this October. The Singapore thing will be from October 17 - 21 if it does push through. Checked out her Friendster message to me .... whew! Her play will be on October 13. It's the first play/musical that she wrote and I want to see it. Wonder if she plans to record it? Wonder if I have a video cam by then to record it?

Last thing I heard ... Natixis is willing to pay for the accomodation. Ted had asked Amex if they have a similar program ... Amex said yes ... but they will only pay for the plane fare. That doesn't mean I get free plane fare as well ... this means they can send a second trader with me to Singapore ... either Ted or Rey. The only problem will be accomodations. Cristy says I can stay with her if we ran out of options.

Wonder how this will turn out? It's a month from now, so I don't want to think about it till everything's been threshed out.

Right now, I want to either see a movie in a real movie theater... or if I end up just going straight home ... surf the net till morning. If I feel like up to it, probably edit the clips I've taken early this year and put them up in YouTube. I've got two sets of clips waiting to be edited ... one from Boy Favis' despedida and the other from the PNB Anniversary. Make that three sets if I include Sam's recital. Been bugging Che and Dennis to lend me their CDs of 1) the mock interview I made last 2003 regarding "love teams" and 2) the mock interview I did early this year that has something to do with the "Kris Aquino/James Yap" almost-break-up issue. They were hilarious clips when we showed them, and since they were my ideas, I want a copy of them as well.

Talking about YouTube, I have yet to ask Rhoda how to find the clip of her son on the site. Raphael is the drummer of a band he formed with his friends and last Sept 14 they had a gig in a mall. The place was actually swamped with his schoolmates who turned out to watch the band. That's interesting ... his classmates must think they sound good, so I want to know how they really sound. Heh, wonder if it's close to Fall Out Boy ... which is his favorite band right now?

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs