jingfrey.tumblr.com

Saturday, September 06, 2003

Bowling i.e. doing things I have no idea about

MART held its bowling competition at the 10-pin bowling lanes at Rockwell (Power Plant, Makati) Thursday. They put my name down while I was on leave - without consulting me. He he he - they were surprised I didn't know how to play. They made me play anyway. Had a miserable, pathetic score not worth mentioning. Had to endure a good dose of ribbing Friday. Jeng was ecstatic to find out someone has the same aptitude for bowling as she does.

Funny. They thought I knew how to bowl. Then Boss Mon said my sport's Tennis anyway... and I said of course not! What made him think that? I am really weirded out about how these people think I am good in some kind of sport.

Anyway. I joined the 10-pin tourney even though I had no idea what to do. I was being given instructions on the spot. Didn't hurt to try it, anyway. Ofcourse, practicing before the event itself would have helped.

Learning how to bowl on the competitin day itself is nothing compared to what I did last November. I confess I do not swim passably - having made a lot of excuses to skip swimming classes in school, and I have a fear for being in large bodies of water (translate - open sea). YET I was on a boat last November to do some snorkling in Boracay. It gets crazier... they ran out of goggles with mouth pieces and since I had my own goggles, I gave the one handed to me to another and decided to go without a mouth piece. So there I was, a person who does not know how to swim snorkling without a mouthpiece.

Don't worry though, I didn't stray far from the boat. The current was very strong anyway. The real swimmers had to be thrown a rope so they can go against the current and return to the boat. Of all times to go out into the open sea, it had to be with a strong current.

Yeah. I have moments of stupidity.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs