jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter

Got three free tickets to Harry Potter yesterday courtesy of a broker. Meant to invite Sam to join Jon and me but she had a bad stomach and even had to go to the hospital this morning. Was hoping she would be well enough this evening so I didn't give the third ticket away at once. When I finally accepted that she won't come, it was too late to give the ticket away.

As I left the office right after 5:30PM struck, Jon and I got to Rockwell with about 20 to 30 minutes to spare before Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix started. As each ticket came with a free drink, popcorn and hotdog sandwich, we ended up with three sets (we got 3 tickets). Gave Jon the extra hotdog sandwich and drink, I took the extra popcorn.

Saw my officemates after the movie ... they came minutes after the movie had started as they underestimated the Makati traffic.

The bus we took going home started to conk out on the highway. It stalled for a few minutes near a toll gate, and some passengers sitting to my right were frightening each other by saying it's Friday the 13th and joking that they were seeing a hand out the window. I on the other hand, noticed the funny thing going on with the radio. As the driver was trying to restart the bus, the radio would go on and off. After the first try ended with a sputter, the thing playing on the radio was a station ID of someone asking the DJ if he's got power (I think it was "Pangga, may energy ka pa ba?"). That got my attention. The radio went off after that. The driver's second try wasn't much of a success either, but the radio temporarily had power and I heard a few verses of the song that had the words "Turn around". It so reminded of Bumblebee in Transformers, that had Jon been sitting beside me, I would point it out and chuckle. We made it out of the expressway, but the bus eventually stopped after we passed Alabang. That was a good thing in a way because it is harder to transfer to another jeepney or bus when you are on the highway than when on other roads. The bus conductor gave the passengers a PHP10 refund, which was enough to take another aircon bus for the rest of the journey. We took a jeepney instead and saved PHP6.00 (that's PHP7 fare, change of PHP3 x 2 passengers). Learned that Jon also noticed the radio thing and joked that he was waiting for the bus to transform.

------July 14, 2007 edit---------

Text message from Sam:

Hi. How's Harry? I just came fr d hosp. Me restin lng. Take care

Sent:
14-July-2007
13:47:35

------edit #2-----
There was a DVD sale at Rockwell, and I ended up buying the following:

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs