jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, October 12, 2007

Helping Sam with her play

While I was hanging out in the diner with Sam and the other LPMS teachers last week, I sort of volunteered to make the cd containing the sound effects, arranged in the order they will be used in the play. I told Sam to e-mail me the script, which should include where the sound clips will be needed. She sent the e-mail the following day and sent a text to inform me.
Pacquiao wins. Sent ko na sa email
Sent:
07-Oct-2007
13:32:39


Looking through it, I didn't see any notations on where the sounds should be. Besides, she hasn't e-mailed the sound clips yet. Texted her to follow up and got this reply:
Gud pm. Nagawa ko na un sounds. Favor na lng un programme ko na lng photocopy 100pcs. Email ko na lng un FINAL PROGRAMME sau ha. Txt kta pag sent ko na. Ty
Sent:
8-Oct-2007
21:17:37


I wasn't sure what she meant so I asked if that meant I won't be doing anything. This is what I got:
Ok na un sounds. Ty. Nid u na lng photocopy ng program ko. Email ko un final na later. Mga 80pcs lng tnx
Sent:
9-Oct-2007
17:37:13


I had to chuckle. That was subtly requesting me to spend for the reproduction of her programmes. She's been candid about being on a tight budget ever since she decided to go back to school.

I'm actually one of those who pushed her to follow her dream. Making music suits her more than going into business. I believe in her and so yeah, I've kinda been a "benefactor" on certain occasions. I took care of her invitations during her birthday recital, I was in the mood to treat her workmates last Saturday to a McDo snack after they finished with the props, and so now I'm willing to pay for photocopying the programmes.

I think she's also lucky to have Joy as co-teacher. Met Joy last Saturday and she's really into the play, and I guess she was more in charge than Sam was. He he he. If I paid for snacks, Joy paid for lunch last Saturday. She also was the one who got the music clips Sam needed. That's being a cool friend.

Sam hasn't been enthusiastic lately because the Dean of Music didn't think much of her play. Told her to do it for her students and co-teachers, who seem to be more excited about it than she is. I myself am more excited than she is. In my opinion, she shouldn't give up just because Sis. Placid doesn't think much of it. There are others who do believe in her, so she should somehow deliver.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs