jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Today's Randomness

My Data Files:
I've just finished with recovering HALF of the data in my external Data disk. I also did some salvaging on my half of the internal hard drive yesterday. I did not see data that could be from my brother's half of the drive. I think I'll try looking for his data by starting the search from the middle sectors of the drive. Hopefully my bro has saved many of his importatnt data on CDs before this happened. I told him to lighten the load on his half of the hard drive 2 weeks ago.

Realized that data from certain folders are missing, which is why at this moment I'm waiting for PC Inspector to finish looking for lost files in the external hard disk. It's been hours since it started and so far it's found 3,037 files. That's a lot of data to swim through to find which one I haven't salvaged yet in the initial recovery attempt. I'm gonna end up using the rest of the free space in the main drive and my other external hard disk. I think I'm gonna hit the mall today to buy those extra hard disks I've been planning on getting even before this disaster struck.

Sam passed the LET
Saw her Multiply blog today. She just announced passing the licensure exams for teachers. That's another load off. That means she only has the thesis defense to go.

Hoverspot:
Ed joined yet another social network and maybe because I'm in his address book, it invited me to join Hoverspot. I figured, why the hell not?

Tagged:
My sis surprised me by Tagging me. Who would have thought that she'd be into it? It took her years to set up her internet access from home even if our bro gave her a laptop for free. Her reason? When she was here, she was used to other people in the office doing stuff for her that she didn't take time to figure out how to do them herself. I think I'm gonna ask her what her exact address is. I've relied so much on e-mail that I haven't been using snail mail lately. I honestly don't know if my family and friends still live in the same addresses that's recorded in my book.

YouTube:
Given that my photos and videos are in the hard drives that are now unallocated, it would take time before I could post new clips on YouTube. Was planning to put up the bowling pics this weekend BEFORE I knew I had to do this recovery operation.

Some people have commented on Sam's videos again. She's not that happy with some of those lately, being criticisms. Admittedly, a few were harsh. Some criticisms were constructive though. Somehow she's not in the mood to talk to her voice teacher because of this. I think she was forced to hold that recital by Mrs. Nep. When we last met, I told her not to let the comments get her down, NOR should she take it out on her teacher. As one comment left by a nice person put it, some of those people leaving criticisms probably couldn't even carry a tune.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs