jingfrey.tumblr.com

Monday, October 01, 2007

Sam's play

Sam called yesterday afternoon. Talked a bit about her "crush of the week" ... the guy who emceed her cousin's wedding. He's gone back to Cebu now.

Asked her about her play. She told me they start rehearsal this week. "Start" had me worried ... the play is on October 13, which means she only has two weeks left. The cast is made up of 10 - 12 year old kids studying in a special education school ... I hope they have enough time to polish everything before the performance.

Sam tells me she wrote more than ten songs for the play. None of them have been notated yet as she has a problem with putting the melodies in her head onto paper. Her friend who was supposed to do it seems to be busy lately. Judy will play the piano again... but she would still need the music sheets. I suggested to Sam that while she waits for Judy, she could play her songs on the piano and record them so the kids would have something to practice to ... she told me she has a problem with finding the right keys on the piano too. He he ... she's gonna resort to humming I think.

Asked her if they have rehearsals next weekend ... she told me they meet 11AM-12NN next Saturday. Promised I'd drop by. I'll probably bring my camera ... warned her I plan on interviewing the kids on what they think of their music teacher. My first question would probably be: what they think of her not giving a grade higher than 85%. Ha ha ha! She's paid for the video recording of the play ... I said I'll do the behind the scenes and post them up on YouTube. Mwa ha ha!

Her reaction when I told her that her recital clips were already up? Yikes!

Unfortunately, her connection is dial-up so she couldn't play the clips at home. Told her she doesn't have to... she knows what's on them anyway. I'll probably need a bigger memory card for Saturday.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs