jingfrey.tumblr.com

Friday, January 25, 2008

Celebrity Priest

"Healing priest Fr. Fernando Suarez will visit the exhibit 1-3 p.m."

That announcement's on the Philippine Daily Inquirer. The exhibit being referred to is the one for the Sto. Nino Festival at the PNB Financial Center.

Which is why there was one big crowd attending Mass at noon today. A number of them hoping to touch the priest and be healed. Some of them just want to have a glimpse and maybe even touch him. Security guards eventually had to surround him wherever he goes ... even to the elevator until he reached the car that's going to drive him away from the madness. Poor guy.

This is probably what the crowd surrounding Jesus looked like.

When I saw people hanging around the dealing room entrance hoping Fr. Suarez would exit through the door from the long gallery, or people rushing to the ground floor once the priest got on the elevator on the 3rd floor, I had to chuckle. They look like fans/groupies stalking a rock star.

Put something to the test today. Wondered if I would get the chance to see the priest without even trying hard to do so. You see, I have this weird luck of standing/sitting at a place where a certain celebrity or some notable person would pass that I get to be within 2 feet from them or closer.

Went to the banking hall where there was a crowd. No luck getting near Fr. Suarez.

Fr. Suarez

Fr. Suarez

Fr. Suarez

After taking pictures of the crowd, I decided to go the Coop and buy some food.

When I got back to the 3rd floor my luck kicked in ... the priest was being ushered to the elevator and I get to be close enough that the security guards surrounding him bumped into me.

So I guess the trick is to not even try.

The weirdest time this kicked in was when people were crowded on one side of the highway where reports said Pope John Paul II will pass by on his popemobile. I loitered on the other side, content to see him from afar. Lo and behold, his driver decided to take lane where I was, so I was on the front row to see the pope while the crowd was rushing to cross to my side of the highway.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs