jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

My blogs are finally updated. Oh yeah!

Didn't go out to record the fireworks set up by neighbors on New Year's Eve. Just watched them from the porch with the dog curled up beside me. At the stroke of midnight I usually play Auld Lang Syne for about 15 minutes or longer. Didn't do it this time. I did open the piano once I got tired watching the fireworks... which was almost 1AM of January 1. Played Auld Lang Syne about 5 times before switching on my cellphone's music player and tried playing the songs there "oido" ... that means playing by ear - no piano sheet.

Had some success with "Say it Right", "Don't Matter" and "Beautiful Girls". Disney Channel was playing High School Musical 2 Monday night, so I took out the chord sheet of "You are the Music in Me" and tried playing it. Did better with the chord sheet of "Hey There Delilah" because the song's on my cellphone and I could listen to it over and over till I get the melody and rhythm right.

To the clueless, chord sheets are only useful in telling me what keys to use with the left hand, not what to do with my right hand - I have to figure that one by myself. Sometimes though when I don't agree with the chord sheet, I also do some editing on the chords - I think some chord combinations work well when you're strumming a guitar, but they don't sound well together when used on the piano. Got so lost in the groove of "Say it Right" that I kept playing it till I was sleepy. Woke up late for the next day, that's for sure.

Had Calandracas for lunch yesterday. It's one New Year tradition we got from the Cavite side of the family (along with Bacalao for Holy Week). Tess passed by later in the afternoon to greet everyone a happy new year. She gave me a couple of glass bead bracelets. I guess that'll be the last Christmas gift I'll be receiving for this season.

Since digital cameras make it so cheap to take pictures, have a peep at my 2007 Christmas stash (all pics shot with DSC-W70 ... according to imageshack - this blog's picture host):
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey
On the left is the portable stool from Deutschebank. Propped in front of it is a back scratcher. On top of the stool is a face towel from Jeng tied up with one of her hand-made book markers which she did by "tatting". Curled up at the bottom is the bendable pencil from Liezl. The coaster with candies came from Es.

Dottie gave me the back scratcher for Kris Kringle's "long and hard" ... a lot of people got back scratchers on that day by the way. The handle of the one I got was odd looking and looked more like a wand ... which was why Ted and I ended up exchanging "expelliarmus" and "avada kedavra" that afternoon. Ha ha ha!

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs