jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not quite

Some comments this week that I didn't really respond to at the time they were said, and what I would have loved to say if I didn't worry about coming across as either cheeky or weirder than I already am:

Malu said I was shy about standing near Marc Nelson when we had our picture taken at the ICAP Charity Day.
I wasn't shy about standing close to the guy ... I just find picture taking with celebrities a bit embarassing ... since I have the bad habit of chuckling at people going ga-ga over being inches away from a celebrity. Which totally brings the chances of me asking for an autograph nil...unless I'm asking it for someone else. It's a weird attitude I picked up in Grade School. So ingrained. Hard to kick.


Cheryl said my family has cats for pets instead of dogs.
I told her that aside from cats, we have 3 dogs. I failed to mention we also have 1 turtle, 1 kulasisi (the green finch type of bird, and not the human mistress kind), 1 rooster, 1 hen, 2 pigeons, at least 5 parakeets, and hopefully, the fish in the grotto are still alive. If my brother decided to keep the snakes as pets instead of shooting them dead, we'd officially have a zoo.


Rey figured that the book I'm reading must be boring since it's been a week and I haven't finished it yet.
Steve Berry's Third Secret is much better than Romanov Prophecy. I haven't finished reading the book because I got side-tracked.

As I read the Third secret of Fatima, I was reminded about something I saw and read in these books:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey, shot with DSC-W70 at 2008-01-17

The small book has the "Complete" centuries of Nostradamus, with both French and English versions side by side. The other book has copies of Nostradamus' "paintings". It's trying to locate the picture in the big book that's similar to the imagery in the Fatima secret that had me sidetracked.

I checked the internet. Guess what? Other people have already thought about the probability of Nostradamus' prophecies regarding the Roman Catholic Church dovetailing with the Fatima "secret". Realized I'd be spending too much time if I decide to continue researching on the two. I decided to stick to reading the novel.

I'm already in the middle of the story. So far, the it's all about Vatican politics and Marian apparitions. No mention of Nostradamus. Wouldn't be surprised if the novel mentions it though.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs