jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Saints

Haven't gone to the cemetery yet. I don't like going to very crowded places, especially if I have to deal with an unorganized crowd. Will probably pay my respects to the dead this weekend. Heard from Jon last night while he was helping me with groceries that Kuya Loy already went to Manila Memorial Park yesterday. Not surprised. Apart from Ate Tessie, he's the one who always makes sure his mom's grave is maintained carefully.

He and his wife also visited Pa at home yesterday. They had a nice talk. Ooops, I'm moving on to family stuff ... time to change topic before I spill something that my folks might read and consider personal and give them reason to chastise me.

Anyway, I got a new Fossil watch thanks to my bro. Extremely happy now. I was planning on buying a dress watch but now I don't have to, which is why I love getting the gift. Isn't it nice to get something you want as a gift without having to ask for it? I also like the randomness of someone giving me something that's better than what I had in mind. That is why I don't like total control over anything and I find perfection boring ... they're so predictable. No little surprises, no discoveries that others may have better ideas, no realization that someone may know what you want better than you do. Here's sending a bunch of goodwill and good karma to my bro who bothered to think about me.

Right now I'm back to editing those clips I've accumulated. Moviemaker's acting up again. May have to resort to Nero or Main Actor if it keeps on hanging up on me. I like Moviemaker because it's simple, though sometimes I resort to using Nero to convert what I made on Moviemaker into another format. Main Actor has more effects (including 3D) but I usually find that I don't need them. Only have one final clip from Sam's play to do before I move on to either the PNB anniversary or the Treasury bowling tournament files (I haven't decided yet). I still haven't bought those extra hard drives which also means my drives G and H are still unallocated because I intend to retrieve all lost files before I start formatting. I do know that I can't expect my PC to work faster now because without a separate hard drive, I can't allocate a bigger virtual memory to compensate for the small RAM available. Which means that while I wait for Moviemaker to finish autosaving, I am on the net... like now.

Someone made a nasty comment on one of Sam's videos that I put up on Youtube. The previous comment the person left on another of her videos was on the constructive criticism side so I didn't mind. This time, I just had to respond and say that the insult was uncalled for. Looked up the person's channel for curiousity's sake, that's when I learned it's a "he". I had initially thought the person was female ... his words were "bitchy".

Turns out he likes classical music and I think the person singing in a church in one of his posted videos is him. Maybe he was expecting Sam to sing like the more established and therefore well known classical singers. Well, if he didn't like her performance, he still had no reason insult her person... he barely knows her anyway. There is term for attacking the person instead of the issue, I think it is argumentum ad hominem... well, not sure because I took Logic about 20 years ago (Logic was lumped in with Speech in high school), and Sam was the debate team member then, not me. Anyway, back to his site... he uploaded a video last month dedicated to a girl who recently left him. Maybe being dumped has placed him in a state of mind that includes insulting people randomly (including commenting on videos in YouTube)? >:) Oh well. I saw his comment 12 hours ago. By this time, my anger has died down. He obviously has problems I don't want to bother myself with. Sam will feel bad if she sees the comment. I won't delete it though. My sense of fairness states he had the right to post.

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs