jingfrey.tumblr.com

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Things of Note Today

Got a watch from Ate Tess
All of a sudden, people are giving me watches :-)
Ate Tess just handed me a watch that has beads for the wrist band. One that my officemate Jeng would consider making as a hobby. It's cute. I don't know when I'll be wearing it though... it looks too much like something a girl - as in a young girl - would wear. I wonder if I can find the time to look for a wrist band to replace the beads? I do know why she bought it ... the brand name of the timepiece is Chinese and is Jin-G. Ha ha ha!

Everybody loves ABS-CBN?
Rowena, one of Rach's blogfriends, occasionally drops by my blogger site to read and leave comments. I've added her site to my RSS feeds in order to catch whenever she makes a post. Her past 2 posts were stuff I already read on chain mails I got from other people, but her last post was interesting. ABS-CBN's Maalaala Mo Kaya show was at her house recently to film an episode. I don't know whose story they're doing, but based on the pictures she posted I know the episode is directed by Jerry Lopez Sineneng and stars Valerie Concepcion and Daria Ramirez. Some bloggers have left comments joking that they now know where she lives and will go caroling at her house this Christmas.

That makes her person no. 6 I could connect with the network, along with an officemate' husband who provides transpo to ABS-CBN crews that need to go on-location, another officemate's aunt who's a TV segment producer, 2 high school batchmates who used to be in Star Circle but dropped out of show business (one of them eventually moved to news reporting) after they got married (they still appear in commercials), and another high school classmate who used to be a field reporter.

I was in touch with the latter even after college and would kid her whenever I catch any news segment wherein the person she's interviewing does something randomly funny. She disappeared from field reporting years ago and I'm not in touch with her now. Her name once appeared as associate producer of the now defunct Magandang Umaga Pilpinas, but is now listed as one of those given (early) retirement packages by ABS CBN.

Ho-hum... everybody loves ABS-CBN I guess. I usually watch GMA7 though when it comes to local stations. Well, not everybody loves ABS-CBN ... someone left a rant against the station on the PNB ad for The Filipino Channel I uploaded on YouTube. Told the guy (?) there's little chance his sentiments will reach ABS-CBN through my YouTube channel.

Wrath of Sam
Speaking of YouTube, Sam actually answered the guy who left insults on a clip from her birthday recital that I uploaded on YouTube. I don't know if she went as far as hunting him down to his YouTube channel, but I noticed he has taken off all the videos he has posted (there were just 2 anyway). Last time I checked, he's replied to her. Again, I can't help but be amused at how he writes like a bitchy woman. Hopefully this does not escalate to war between the two. You see, as far as girls go, Sam is what people would call "siga" ("toughie" in english, and for trivia's sake it came from the word sigarilyo, because smoking cigarettes used to be considered unsocial and toughies were associated with heavy smoking). Just realized it's an amusing combination: bitchy boy and toughie gal.

Yohan's Health:
Rach blogged that Yohan felt bad enough to make her rush him to the hospital. She fears dengue but the hospital says the results are negative for dengue and diagnosed bacterial infection instead. He's being monitored though. Hope he gets well soon.

Rach's New Domain Name:
Rachel recently got her own domain name: www.mysoulfulthoughts.com
It's some sort of consolation prize from her friend Tina who hosted a contest (I think the objective of that exercise was to get as many hits on Tina's blog as possible). Rach hasn't really migrated to it yet, but you can already access the site. She's still publishing her blog at her blogger site.

Rach has become a serious blogger lately. She's a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) and if she's not managing the home and taking care of her husband Jules and son Yohan, you'll probably catch her online. She's got a whole set of friends she met just by blogging. She and other SAHMs have actually set up an online magazine - Pinoy Moms Network, and Rach contributes articles regularly. She's also into increasing traffic to her site and writing blog entries that are actually advertising (the get-paid-per-post advertising thing). She's so hooked on blogging I think she even had withdrawal symptoms when her internet connection was faulty (as in zero connection) for about 3 days. Half the things she does are alien to me now. And to think, I was blogging even before she knew what a blog was.

Just realized she took off the widget that's supposed to identify what country the online visitor came from. I told her the widget's faulty because it keeps saying I live in Australia. He he he.

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for linking me on this post.

I'm beginning to enjoy this paid postings. I'm contemplating of getting an LCD this Christmas to replace this old bulky one.

BTW, Yohan went back to school yesterday. He's doing much better now. Thanks for the concern.

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs