jingfrey.tumblr.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

a "not quite okay" day

But it's not that bad either.

To start with, I ended up missing my bus stop and when I showed up in the office 30 minutes late and holding sausage & egg muffin and hot cocoa from McDonald's, everyone knew I got off in front of De La Salle University instead of Gil Puyat. They said that had I brought native "kakanin", their guess would be I got off at Lawton. I do that (falling asleep and missing my stop) too often it's an office joke.

I did remember to bring my passport today. I also remembered to bring the Heroes Season 1 DVD yesterday to lend to Rey. Yehey! That's 2 days in a row no one had to remind me to bring what they requested from me.

Milette's pre-occupied with decorating the dealing room for Christmas again. This time she wants poinsettias all over and asked a minimum donation of PHP50 from each of us. Upon seeing Milette's solicitation e-mail, I jokingly told Dessa, who likes doing artsy stuff, to make an "Adopt a Poinsettia" poster for the campaign. He he he.

Note: Last season, few in the office have actually heard of or cared about Heroes. Now, Jan and her husband have just been converted to fans and a curious Rey is now borrowing the DVD. I could now announce that no one can make me stay in the office after 5:30PM on Mondays ... because that's the day Heroes is shown on cable.

Yesterday, I told Rey, who was on the phone with Cristy, to tell her to check her Multiply account. She did and told me she had fun watching the Jerome clips. I told her there are more but the footage was Cheryl's, and she has yet to lend me the CD so I could edit and upload the "interview" to YouTube. Cristy was a bit confused then, because I forgot to explain that Multiply merely captures whatever I upload to YouTube.

Gave me an idea ... I told Che after the phone call that I'll take down a certain clip from YouTube ... AFTER she lends me her Jerome CD. Actually, I won't take it down, just turn the settings to private so only registered friends can see it. Honestly, none in the dealing room thinks there's anything to be ashamed of in that clip.

Jeng told me she kept watching the bowling clip last night because it captured her in action. Her husband Gene wasn't that pleased because he couldn't hear the TV while she was playing the video. He he he!

I wasn't hungry lunch time because of the McDonald's breakfast so I surfed the net. I was curious about Brittany Curran, the girl starring with Lucas Grabeel in the indie "The Adventures of Food Boy". I came across her website and saw additional photos the LG.org boardies may not have seen yet. Re-logged onto the LG forum and posted a link to her website. It was afterwards that I realized that I had a message in my LG.org account's inbox.

It was the administrator, Marc, telling me he had to delete some of my posts because the director of "The Adventures of Food Boy" requested him to. As I was reading the message, I already had an inkling which posts he was referring to ... the ones that pointed to a blog entry of the movie's props master which provided additional pictures from filming, as well as fun anecdotes. When I checked the threads, I was right. I checked the props master's blog and saw the particular entry referring to Food Boy has been deleted as well... gauging from the unusually long amount of time it took to access his site, he was probably in the process of deleting the entry as I was trying to access it.

When I first stumbled upon the blog, I had written a comment there thanking him for sharing stories and pictures from Food Boy, AND telling him that I'll point the other Lucas Grabeel fans to his blog (hindsight: that comment may have started the "alert" in the first place). I remember i left my e-mail address with that comment. Checked my e-mail account which I use for any membership or activity I do on the net ... sure enough, he wrote me a letter.

He asked me how I found his blog when he was sure no one would find it. Told him what search words I used to get to his blog. Also said I was sorry if I got him in trouble with anyone (probably the director?). Oh well. At least I got to read the post before it was deleted.

Responded to Marc's e-mail and told him I appreciate being told. Couldn't help but notice new sections keep cropping up whenever I return to the forum and that he was online. He was in the process of rehauling the site.

Around 1:30PM I saw another e-mail. It was from a Middle East office complaining that I gave them a very low committed rate for the USD/PHP. Names he put on the cc: field? Just about every boss he could think of except my boss. Jeez. The freaking dollar fell across ALL currencies, the rate I gave them was a fair one. My boss told me to ignore the e-mail. It still put me in a bad mood though.

Was back in a joking mood when I saw the e-mail from the Treasury Christmas party committee. I was overhearing them before lunch and kept telling them I didn't like what I was hearing. This is part of the e-mail they sent everybody:
We are pleased to inform that we will be adopting the following options (subject to your approval) as theme for our Christmas Party

Treasury Goes Formal - wear formal attire ie; cocktail dress/night gown for ladies ; long sleeved barong/coat and tie for gentlemen
Back to School - wear school uniforms of your choice (High School or College uniforms)
Formal attire?! OR School uniforms?! What?! Told them that the guys will have no problem with either option, and it's unfair. Dennis and Adie told me to wear something that they saw me wear before ... which they remember but I don't. Dennis ended up saying I'm exempted since I'm gonna be the official videographer. Stuck out my tongue at that ... oh no he won't subtly volunteer my services. He he he! I'm still gonna end up taking clips and pictures, I know.

Re-read the e-mail and something caught my eye...night gown for ladies. Oh gold! That started the honeymoon wear joke till it ended up with a proposal of a pajama party complete with poker night. THAT idea sounded much better. He he he!

Had half an hour's worth of downtime wherein I had to control myself from going back to the lg.org forum. I was waiting for our London office to call.

Ever since Europe stopped DST last week (or thereabouts), London's been calling at 5PM...late by an hour compared to the time I'm accustomed to expect the call during the previous months. It's only after receiving the day's last deal that I could start with the reports. Volume from that part of the world has been unpredictable lately and I quit trying to guess what I should put in the reports ... right after the day my estimate was off by USD400k. Stuck to reading the news while waiting. The way my luck is this afternoon, our admin may realize that someone keeps opening a url that is not work-related and block the Lg.org site like did with the Sims2 forum. If they did that, I'm gonna run out of places to go to during break time! When London did call, I was faintly surprised not to get a "Good Lord!" from the other end of the line after quoting the rate. Only means he's keeping in touch with what's going on in the FX market ... unlike the Riyadh dude.

Saw my friend Rach's first entry in her newest site. Being her classmate in grade school, schoolmate in high school (i was accelerated so I was ahead of her by one year), and classmate again in MBA, I know her a lot to comment on her "100 things about me" list. Also commented that she left out stalking of teachers ... well one teacher anyway. Ha ha ha! She replied that she prefers to omit that one. That part of high school was memorable ... especially how it sometimes looked as if I was the one following the teacher ... simply because she dragged me with her but didn't warn me fast enough to hide.

Also had to comment on Rowena's comment ... to which Rach had responded ... both have concluded that they are so much alike. My reply?
Oh My God! There's 2 of you?!
Imagine if Rowena went to the same school we did and was also our friend .... both of them would drag me around following their crushes!

Hmmm... I'm wondering ... which is better, following someone or hiding from someone? My other friend did the latter. Bee kept hiding from certain people that at least twice we ended up in bathroom cubicles standing on the bowl so no one would know we were there. Sampy was one of those people Bee used to hide from by the way ... and she says now that she knew we were in the cubicles. Well, Sampy was one of those people Bee hid from after some misunderstading ... she isn't the stalker. Someone else, from a lower year, made a hobby of following Bee around school. So weird!

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

Ha ha! Memories suddenly flash in my head. We did have our share of fun during those days.

Rowena, you and me together in HS. An amusing scenario.

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs