jingfrey.tumblr.com

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Today's dose of Randomness:

Dulce Saguisag, 64

This morning, the van former Senator Rene Saguisag, his wife Dulce, and their dance instructor was in was hit by a dump truck at an intersection and was dragged for a few meters before the truck driver thought of stopping. Dulce Saguisag was dead on arrival at the Ospital ng Makati. Mr. Saguisag and his driver were in critical condition and are now under observation in Makati Medical Center. The dance instructor received the least amount of injury and has been discharged from the hospital. The accident must have been a shock to their children. I immediately thought of Lara. She was a classmate in grade school.

The TV showed some of Rene Saguisag's friends and political party-mates visiting the hospital. I saw Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay and since I was thinking of Lara, my mind randomly remembered Nancy. In high school, Nancy and Lara were on separate parties and both ran for president. Lara won. It's amusing to note that their fathers belong to the same party.

Going home, the bus passed by my alma mater. I saw a GMAnews van outside. I guess Mrs. Saguisag's wake will be in the SSC chapel, a privilege given only to alumnae of the school.

Checked the news. I was right: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=98537

Hope Rene Saguisag gets well.

Sam's birthday

She turns 35 today. Party on Saturday. Pot luck.


Mark's blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket My nephew Mark just updated his blog:http://markpascual.blogs.friendster.com/marks_blog/2007/11/pansin_andami_k.html
He rarely writes on it but I find his entries always a good read. This one includes his observation about people you'd find in a mall like Gateway. Bit tongue in cheek.
He's one crazy dude, with crazy friends (and I mean it in a good way):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Honestly, it's hard to find a picture of him in his Friendster account where he is not making faces.

I wear my sunglasses ... inside the building

Was trying to get some sleep lunch break when Ted walked over to my desk and asked if I know the type of people who feel like they're action stars. I said that I think so, and he told me to look at the back to the left. Right beside Lanie were a couple of guys in denim jackets and one of them was wearing shades ... inside the office, mind you. Ted was right, they looked like they stepped out of an action movie ... as extras. Lanie was talking to someone on her phone while the two guys waited. I told Ted to tell me the moment Lanie puts down the receiver.

When he said "go", I called up her local and without telling her who I am, asked if she has seen the NBI guys. She was puzzled with the question and probably thought that whoever she was talking to must have dialled the wrong number. I then began to describe the "NBI agents" ... one was wearing sunglasses and both of them wore jackets ... Lanie began to scan the room and zeroed in on me ... "Ms. Jane?"

Busted!

Lanie later told me that after my prank call she couldn't look at the guys anymore. I asked her why. She couldn't help but start thinking that they looked like the people in the Calvento files TV show on ABS-CBN. Ha ha ha! By the way, they were technicians from Reuters ... doing field work, what else?

Christmas spirit

Tess visited the house last weekend and started putting up Christmas decors. She started with the piano top:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey at 2007-11-08

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey at 2007-11-08

Even the table runner she used had a Christmas motif:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey at 2007-11-08

No comments:

My Other Blogs

Followers

Awards Received by this Blog

From Rachel, given July 23, 2007:

From Rachel, given February 21, 2008:

Rachel's blogs

Sam's Blogs

More Blogs